Thursday, September 6, 2012

1st treatment, round 2

So, last week I had an "off" week as I did not receive a treatment. I felt normal. Well, as normal as one can feel when he or she has cancer. I like to think of it as my new normal. I must admit that last week I was feeling rather angry and tired of my new path. I pushed through since my energy levels were good. I may have worked too hard. Sunday my leg started hurting again. I was experiencing the same pain in my leg as I did a few weeks ago. My leg is still hurting--so badly that I am walking quite strangely and with a lot of pain. Keith talked me into taking a some pain medication last night and I was able to get some sleep. I really do not like taking anything extra as chemo is giving my liver enough extra work. On that note, though, my blood work looks really good. Everything is normal except my red blood cell numbers; but they are barely low so nothing to sweat yet. Also, my tumor marker number has dropped over 100 points. Tumor markers are not definitive cancer markers but provide another way to watch trends. Tumor markers are substances like protein or hormones that are present in blood or urine. Ideally the higher the marker the more cancer in body and vice versa. Upon my first blood test 6 weeks ago, my marker was 295 (normal should be below 40). Now, I am in the 170's! This is encouraging. Please keep sending all of your wonderful thoughts and prayers. I know it is helping. I received a beautifully crafted blanket that many hands helped to make and used it to keep me warm in the infusion room today. I could feel the loving energy that went into my blanket. Thank you all!!!! It is beautiful. My hair is falling out so rapidly now, that tomorrow I will probably shave it off. I am ready for the new look. Right now, other than my leg pain and a splitting headache, I feel good. Hope you all have a wonderful week and weekend. Get ready, some cooler weather is heading our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment